Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Back for Round 2!

I'm back to China for round 2 - this time at the elementary campus. It's true - that the first year at an elementary school is RIDICULOUS! We've had 4 days of classes now and I can tell it's going to be crazy for a while. Yesterday, from when I woke up till I went to sleep at 11pm, the school work didn't stop except to eat and hang my clean laundry. That being said, here's a quick glance at life:
  • School Prep - it kind of seems like a box of lego thrown on the floor that I'm only beginning to put together in small pieces
  • Exercise - still jogging by the ocean (if and when I have time), but this time I have to dodge people and cars to get there, which I don't really mind because it reminds me of running through the woods during wide games at camp back in the day, but this time the objects are moving
  • I have a roommate for the first time, and so far it's going great
  • BUS - the 1 yuan ride (approx $0.15) makes me happy, as does my new bus swipe card!
  • Food - I always thought the teachers here ate out so much, and I guess I see why. Who wants to go home and cook when you're at school till 8pm?!? Plus it's so cheap. However, I really want to make an effort to cook at home..... soon. (I did make carrot muffins and oatmeal chocolate chip cookies BEFORE school started, so that's got to count for something)
Alright, enough for now, I better get back to looking at what I'm going to do tomorrow..... ahhh after 9pm already. Booo!

:) night

No comments: